Even though we know each practice is individual, we also acknowledge the studio is a shared space. To guarantee each student the best experience possible, blue lotus requests all students follow the guidelines and policies provided below.
- Wear comfortable non-binding clothes, yet no baggy clothing that would make it difficult for instructors to see your alignment. Please practice in bare feet.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or other strongly scented fragrances.
- Practice on an empty stomach. It is best not to eat two hours prior to practice.
- Please bring your own mat, as it personalizes your practice and is much more hygienic. Loaners are available if you forgot your mat. Bring a hand towel for Vinyasa and Ashtanga classes, as sweaty yoga can make for slippery down dogs. Please do not use a studio blanket for this purpose.
- Plan to arrive at least five minutes before the scheduled class time to check in, store your belongings and settle in on your mat. Class begins at the scheduled time. The studio door is locked at the beginning of practice and remains locked throughout the class for your security.
- Remove your shoes upon entering blue lotus as a form of respect for the ancient tradition of the East and to support the clean environment we maintain. You may store your shoes under a bench, along with other personal belongings. Please do not wear shoes onto the practice floor.
- Check in with the staff person at the reception desk upon arrival, even if you registered online.
- A signed release form is required of all students who practice in the studio. If you have not signed a release form, please obtain a copy at the reception desk.
- If you are pregnant, have serious health conditions or injuries, or have had any health changes, please alert the instructor before class.
- Turn off all mobile phones, pagers, and PDAs. Better still, leave them at home.
- No food or beverage is permitted in the practice space, except for sealed bottled water.
- Do not step on other students’ yoga mats.
- Listen to your body; pushing yourself into pain is not part of any yoga practice.
- Plan to stay the entire length of the class, including the final pose, savasana.
- If you use one of the studio’s loaner mats, please use the mat cleaning spray and towel to clean the mat after use and before you roll it up and put it away.
- After class, fold blankets back to the form in which you received them. Return all props in a neat, orderly manner to the storage cubbies.
If class is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will record a message on the voice mail at 919.831.BLUE (919.831.2583). Class cancellations also will be posted on our Facebook page and on the WebScheduler.
We understand extenuating circumstances. Please bring specific issues to the attention of the staff.